Thursday 20 November 2014

Cloud Nine in the heart of Downtown Maple Ridge


To stay happy, healthy and  stress-free,  I look at the physical , mental, emotional, and spiritual aspects of myself.  http://www.balancingmindbodysoul.co.uk/spiritual-development/the-four-aspects-of-self  When you take care of the physical, it becomes easier to deal with the other three.  I am blessed to have my husband who is a Shiatsu Therapist who looks after my physical and going out for some "me" time at the gym, spas and  meditating takes care of the rest.  Some people think that going to the spa is a luxury and sure enough it is.  It is a  luxury that one can not afford not to miss.  Take care of yourself, so you can take care others to the best of your ability.  Don't feel guilty, you owe it to your family and the people around you.


On October 1st 2014 I was on Cloud Nine!  Living in British Columbia, we are no stranger to rain clouds but once in a while we experience Cloud Nine and it is thankfully in Maple Ridge.  You want to know my secret to feeling this good ALL month?  It's starts with a Dermalogica Personalized Skin Treatment which lasts one hour.




Okay, first you fill out a form which asks you some health questions  about your skin type and allergies and such then comes the face mapping.  Like I said this facial treatment is personalized, so it is tailored specifically for your skin type.  


A place to put your personal items while having a facial

I had not had a facial in years and there was a reason for that.  My memory of my last facial was not very good and because it was my first time I had no idea what to expect.  In talking to Alicia, my esthetician at Cloud Nine, they are there to help make you feel good--not uncomfortable.  After seeing the questions on the form, I already felt assured that this experience would be a million times better.  It asked about claustrophobia and that is what I felt like when the steam was coming at my face.  Because this line of questioning was in the form, I instantly knew that  this experience was going be better and it was not uncommon to feel the way that I felt the first time and it does not have to be that way.  Alicia's attention to detail and skill as an esthetician definitely made my experience so relaxing like being on cloud nine.
My lovely esthetician
The friendly smile that greeted and welcomed me to Cloud Nine Nail Bar
Cloud Nine just had their One year Anniversary!  Happy birthday, Cloud Nine!  What sets them apart from their competition is the way the staff make you feel and the way the owners make their staff feel like family.  The business is a partnership between Wendy and Chantal, Maple Ridge moms who were and still are "nail salon addicts",  and who I totally resonate with.  It is evident to see as soon as you walk into the salon that this is a passion for Wendy and Chantal.  Located in the heart of downtown Maple Ridge close to all amenities and transit, we Maple Ridge residents don't have drive all the way to downtown Vancouver to feel pampered.  We have it all right at our doorstep.  Their commitment to customer service shines through, and they take pride in  their work and how the facility is kept so immaculate and best hygiene practices are definitely in place.  Read their story and their "why" here.  http://cloudninenailbar.com/about/about-us/

That's not all!!!!  The prices at Cloud Nine are reasonable and they have a membership option.  How cool is that?














After my fantastic facial, I had a Gel Manicure.  Wow!!!  It is AMAZING!  I still had it on after a month and aside from my nails growing, it is as good as the day I left the Nail Bar!  I definitely recommend anyone to Cloud Nine Nail Bar in Maple Ridge.  Quality products, warm, friendly and knowledgeable staff.